Boycott Israel…and N. Korea…and China…and Japan
Jordanian Palestinian leader: Hamas is killing my people
UPDATE: Canada’s Sun News providing PERSPECTIVE – oh no!!!
This is EXACTLY what I’ve been saying all this time, with ranters and ragers attacking me for simple and rational observations about selective outrage.
Douglas Murray: “Very hard to interpret that other than the most base motives” – exactly what I’ve been saying.
I’m not a big cheerleader for Israel, but I had to respond to the following comment by someone on my Yahoo group:
Israel usurped the land from the Palestinians, plain and simple.
And the “Palestinians” (Arabs) usurped it from the previous inhabitants, who were the remnants of Jews, Greeks, Romans, Samaritans, et al.
Arabs also usurped Egypt, while Europeans usurped the Americas. Christian fanatics usurped European culture, while Muslims usurped the Iranian, Indian, Malaysian and Indonesian cultures. The Chinese have usurped the Tibetans.
So why not harp on and on about those facts? Why does Israel receive special venom, especially in consideration of the fact that the “Palestinians” themselves are not the original inhabitants of the land?
Heck, the Neanderthals were in Israel first – why not weep and wail about their displacement and extinction?
“History” is one long tale of usurpation.
Palestinians Hated by Other Arabs
I am further reminded that, while Israel gets all the press for abusing Palestinians, much of the Arab world is very unfriendly to them as well:
King Fahd: ‘Next To Jews, We Hate Palestinians The Most’
Mufti of Lebanon: ‘Palestinians are trash’
Syrian gov’t blames Palestinians for unrest
Jordan strips Palestinians’ citizenship
Palestinians in Egypt face discrimination, poverty and no access to basic services
Arab Support of Israel
Meanwhile, there are also plenty of Muslims who have supported the state of Israel. A Harvard study showed that 77% of Arab Israelis would rather live in Israel than any other country globally. Boycotting Israel also hurts these nearly two million Israeli Arabs, who include “Palestinians.”
Killing Jews and Destroying Israel for Allah
Another important side to the story: Destroying Israel and killing Jews is part of ISLAMIC DOCTRINE. I refuse to be manipulated on behalf of Islamic doctrine.
Destroy Israel for Allah: Conflict with Israel defined as religious
“Our war with the descendants of the apes and pigs (i.e., Jews) is a war of religion and faith. Long Live Fatah!” [PA TV (Fatah), Jan. 9, 2012]
This statement was made by the moderator at a Fatah event, and it highlights a dangerous trend by the PA and Fatah to define the conflict with Israel as an uncompromising religious war, mandated by Islam.
Indeed, Palestinian society has undergone a major shift towards fundamental Islam. In 2010, more than 98% of Palestinians surveyed said that religion plays an important role in their lives, while less than 1% considered religion not important.” [Ramallah Center for Human Rights Studies (RCHRS)]. 80% of Palestinians approved of hand amputations for theft, in a 2003 poll, while 50% thought this form of punishment should be implemented immediately, and 30% conditioned it on improved judicial conditions. [Bir Zeit Univ. Development Studies Program, Poll No.14, 2003]
An integral part of this Palestinian Islamization is the teaching that Islam is at war with Jews and Israel. Jews are said to be the enemy of Allah, and PA (Fatah) and Hamas religious and academic leaders alike have reiterated on numerous occasions, including as recently as January 2012 by the PA Mufti, the Islamic teaching that the Hour of Resurrection is dependent on the extermination of Jews:
PA Mufti Muhammad Hussein: “Palestine in its entirety is a revolution… continuing today, and until the End of Days. The reliable Hadith… says: “The Hour [of Resurrection] will not come until you fight the Jews. The Jew will hide behind stones or trees. Then the stones or trees will call: ‘Oh Muslim, servant of Allah, there is a Jew behind me, come and kill him.’” [PA TV (Fatah), Jan. 9, 2012]
Thus, the murder of Jews becomes a prerequisite for and fulfillment of the Islamic ideal. In a 2011 poll, (by Israel Project) 73% of Palestinians said they “believe” the Islamic Hadith that preaches it is Islamic destiny to kill Jews wherever they are.
Adham Ahmad Abu Jandal, Hamas suicide terrorist:
“My message to the loathed Jews: There is no god but Allah, we will chase you everywhere. We are a nation that drinks blood. We know that there is no better blood than the blood of Jews. We won’t leave you alone until we have quenched our thirst with your blood, and our children’s thirst with your blood. We will not rest until you leave the Muslim countries.”
The following list is 10 years old, and there have been many more accomplishments since then, including a state-of-the-art desalination program – all of this technology and advancement is what we would be without if Israel didn’t exist and we were to boycott it completely.
1. The cell phone was developed in Israel by Israelis working in the Israeli branch of Motorola, which has its largest development center in Israel.
2. Most of the Windows NT and XP operating systems were developed by Microsoft-Israel.
3. The Pentium MMX Chip technology was designed in Israel at Intel. Both the Pentium-4 microprocessor and the Centrino processor were entirely designed, developed, and produced in Israel.
4. The Pentium microprocessor in your computer was most likely made in Israel.
5. Voice mail technology was developed in Israel.
6. Both Microsoft and Cisco built their only R&D facilities outside the US in Israel.
7. The technology for the AOL Instant Messenger ICQ was developed in 1996 by four young Israelis.
8. According to industry officials, Israel designed the airline industry’s most impenetrable flight security. US officials now look to Israel for advice on how to handle airborne security threats.
9. Israel’s $100 billion economy is larger than all of its immediate neighbors combined.
10. Israel has the highest percentage in the world of home computers per capita.
11. Israel has the highest ratio of university degrees to the population in the world.
12. Israel produces more scientific papers per capita than any other nation by a large margin — 109 per 10,000 people — as well as one of the highest per capita rates of patents filed.
13. In proportion to its population, Israel has the largest number of startup companies in the world. In absolute terms, Israel has the second largest number of startup companies after the US (3,500 companies mostly in hi-tech).
14. With more than 3,000 high-tech companies and startups, Israel has the highest concentration hi-tech companies in the world — apart from the Silicon Valley, US.
15. Israel is ranked #2 in the world for venture capital funds right behind the US.
16. After the United States and Canada, Israel has the largest number of NASDAQ listed companies.
17. Israel has the highest average living standards in the Middle East. The per capita income in 2000 was over $17,500, exceeding that of the UK.
18. On a per capita basis, Israel has the largest number of biotech startups.
19. Twenty-four percent of Israel’s workforce hold university degrees — ranking it third in the industrialized world, after the United States and Holland — and 12% hold advanced degrees.
20. Israel is the only liberal democracy in the Middle East.
21. In 1984 and 1991, Israel airlifted a total of 22,000 Ethiopian Jews at risk in Ethiopia to safety in Israel.
22. When Golda Meir was elected Prime Minister of Israel in 1969, she became the world’s second elected female leader in modern times.
23. When the US Embassy in Nairobi, Kenya, was bombed in 1998, Israeli rescue teams were on the scene within a day — and saved three victims from the rubble.
24. Israel has the third highest rate of entrepreneurship — and the highest rate among women and among people over 55 — in the world.
25. Relative to its population, Israel is the largest immigrant-absorbing nation on earth. Immigrants come in search of democracy, religious freedom, and economic opportunity.
26. Israel was the first nation in the world to adopt the Kimberly process, an international standard that certifies diamonds as “conflict free.”
27. Israel has the world’s second highest per capita rate of publishing new books.
28. Israel is the only country in the world that entered the 21st century with a net gain in its number of trees, made more remarkable because this was achieved in an area considered mainly desert.
29. Israel has more museums per capita than any other country.
30. In the field of medicine, Israeli scientists developed the first fully computerized, no-radiation diagnostic instrumentation for breast cancer.
31. An Israeli company developed a computerized system for ensuring proper administration of medications, thus removing human error from medical treatment. Every year in US hospitals 7,000 patients die from treatment mistakes.
32. Israel’s Givun Imaging developed the first ingestible video camera, so small it fits inside a pill. Used to view the small intestine from the inside, the camera helps doctors diagnose cancer and digestive disorders.
33. Researchers in Israel developed a new device that directly helps the heart pump blood, an innovation with the potential to save lives among those with heart failure. The new device is synchronized with the heart’s mechanical operations through a sophisticated system of sensors.
34. Israel leads the world in the number of scientists and technicians in the workforce, with 145 per 10,000, as opposed to 85 in the US, over 70 in Japan, and fewer than 60 in Germany. With over 25% of its work force employed in technical professions, Israel places first in this category as well.
35. A new acne treatment developed in Israel, the ClearLight device, produces a high-intensity, ultraviolet-light-free, narrow-band blue light that causes acne bacteria to self-destruct — all without damaging surroundings skin or tissue.
36. An Israeli company was the first to develop and install a large-scale solar-powered and fully functional electricity generating plant (in southern California’s Mojave desert).