In a series of interviews from 2004 to 2009, scholar of comparative religion and mythology D.M. Murdock aka Acharya S reveals fascinating biographical material not found in her other writings…
Interviews with Acharya S
In a series of interviews from 2004 to 2009, scholar of comparative religion and mythology D.M. Murdock aka Acharya S reveals fascinating biographical material not found in her other writings. Author of the controversial books “The Christ Conspiracy,” “Suns of God,” “Who Was Jesus?,” “Christ in Egypt” and “The Gospel According to Acharya S,” Murdock offers many glimpses into her childhood and Christian background, sharing what led to her life’s work and providing a provocative commentary on the past and present, as well as a hope for the future. Also included is much factual material about Murdock’s favorite subjects, including religion, mythology, astrotheology, history, archaeoastronomy and languages, etc.
In these interviews, D.M. Murdock/Acharya S discusses the following subjects:
* Being raised a Christian, going to church and becoming a “born-again” Christian
* Royal and puritan genealogy
* Childhod education
* Studies in Greece and archaeological excavations
* Theist or atheist?
* Beginning of writing Career and use of a pen name
* Research of ancient and modern texts in multiple languages
* Wikipedia and stalking
* Religious fanaticism
* Religion and politics
* The American Founding Fathers and the U.S. as a “Christian” nation
* Vietnam and ‘enemies’
* Ronald Reagan and America
* George Bush and the war in Iraq
* Christianity and violence
* Christianity or Islam – which is more dangerous?
* The Origins of monotheism
* Astrotheology and nature worship
* Evemerism and mythicism
* Jesus the yogi and groovy guru
* Socrates v. Christ
* Jesus as a mythical remake of numerous gods and goddesses
* Christ’s solar prototypes and zodiacal adventures
* The many names of the sun god
* Horus, Osiris and Set
* Isis and Athena
* Virgin mothers and miraculous births
* The Virgin births of Buddha and Horus
* Buddhism and Christianity
* The “Mark of the Beast” or 666 and the Book of Revelation
* The Mysteries and the Brotherhood
* Masonry and carpentry guilds
* Kersey Graves, Helen Blavatsky, et al.
* Zeitgeist, Part 1
* The Age of Enlightenment
* What is true freethought?
* Hopes for the future